Elizabeth A. Fritzinger
Elizabeth specializes in the areas of employment law and civil litigation. She also serves as counsel to businesses in the wine industry, along with other clients in the private sector. Elizabeth provides consulting on a variety of employment law compliance issues and represents employers and employees in court and before administrative agencies. Elizabeth assists clients in developing employment policies and provides guidance on best employment practices, employment/termination decisions, and avoiding employment litigation and claims. In the area of wage and hour laws, Elizabeth helps clients in evaluating employee classifications to identify potential areas of exposure. Elizabeth prepares employee handbooks, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and separation agreements/releases for individual terminations and reductions-in-force. Additionally, she develops employee training materials and conducts training sessions.
Elizabeth also has a civil litigation practice and represents litigants in business, real estate, and construction defect litigation. She has represented individuals to corporations and has been involved in all aspects of civil litigation, including jury trials and appellate work.
- Creighton University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
- University of Iowa, B.A., with honors, 2003
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of Nebraska
- State Bar of Iowa
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Women in Law
- The Healdsburg School, Board Member, 2013-2018 (Board Chair, 2015-2017)
- Earle Baum Center, Board Member, 2012-2016
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County, Board Member, 2018 to Current
- California (2012)
- Colorado (2010)
- Nebraska (2008)
- Iowa (2007)
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska (2010)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado (2010)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Nebraska (2010)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (2013)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California (2013)
Honors & Awards
- Forty Under 40 recipient. Selected by North Bay Business Journal as one of the forty exceptional business leaders under forty years of age in Sonoma, Marin, and Napa Counties.
Presentations & Articles
- Offers of Judgment: CCP § 998, Seminar on December 11, 2013, presented at the Sonoma County Bar Association.
- New California Employment Laws & How to Prepare.