Michael is a litigation attorney with Abbey, Weitzenberg, Warren & Emery. Michael’s practice focuses on business and commercial litigation as well as trust and estate litigation. He has handled complex matters on behalf of public and privately-held companies, trusts, estates, and individuals in all facets of civil litigation, including jury and court trials, arbitrations, mediation, appellate work, and a wide range of law and motion practice. Prior to joining the firm, Michael practiced with Dewey & LeBoeuf, LLP, where he earned the firm’s Lisa Beth Deutsch Pro Bono Award for his advocacy on behalf of pro bono clients.
In law school, Michael was a member of the Trial Practice Honors Board and a recipient of the Deborah J. Frick Memorial Scholarship for Academic Achievement in Commercial Law.
- University of California, Davis, J.D., 2007
- Sonoma State University, B.A., 2004
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter)
- Volunteer Center of Sonoma County, Human Race Committee member
- Fountaingrove Business Club
- California (2012)
- Illinois (2007, Inactive)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit