Lewis R. Warren
Lewis has been associated with the firm since 1990, and a shareholder since 1997. Over the years, the focus of his practice has been in business litigation with varying degrees of emphasis in real estate, employment law, intellectual property matters, the wine industry, and probate disputes. His experience encompasses all facets of civil litigation, including jury and court trials, binding arbitrations, appellate work, and a wide range of law and motion practice. Most recently, in 2017, Lewis obtained a $20 million verdict from a Sonoma County jury in a financial elder abuse case. He also has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting commercial leases, asset purchase agreements, and corporate governance documents.
Lewis is a past President of the Sonoma County Bar Association and served on the Executive Committee of that organization from 2007 through 2011. From 2006 through 2009, Lewis also served as the Chairperson of the Bench Bar Section of the Sonoma County Bar Association which has been instrumental in meeting with the Judges on the Sonoma County bench to promote “best practices” between The Bench and The Bar and enact new local rules. For more than twenty years, Lewis has also been a member of the Sonoma County Superior Court’s panel of Mandatory Settlement Conference panelists and has been successful in resolving dozens of disputes. In addition, he has been an active member of the Richard M. Sangster Inn of Court (serving Sonoma, Napa, and Marin Counties) since its inception in 1997, serving as its president in 2006-2007.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (J.D., 1984, cum laude)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.A., 1975 with high honors)
- Order of the Coif
- Thurston Society
- The Sonoma County Bar Association (President, 2010; Executive Committee, 2007-2011; Board of Directors, 2006-2011)
- Bench-Bar section of the Sonoma County Bar Association (Chairperson, 2006-2009)
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter) Past President, 2006-2007
- Northern California Super Lawyer Since 2010
- California (1984)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1985)
- United States Supreme Court(1986)