Mike attended law school on a merit-based scholarship and graduated with honors. Since joining the firm in January 2001, Mike’s practice has been dedicated solely to representing plaintiffs. Mike specializes in litigating serious injury and wrongful death cases. He has extensive experience handling cases involving personal injury, product liability, automotive defect/crashworthiness, medical malpractice, elder abuse, civil rights, fire claims, insurance bad faith as well as government entity liability. Mike’s practice also focuses on representing property owners, both residential and commercial, in construction defect matters. He has successfully represented hundreds of homeowners and businesses in Northern California seeking recovery for defective construction of their homes and buildings.
Mike has achieved some of the most significant recoveries on record on behalf of his clients in the North Bay area counties and in the State of California in certain practice areas. Mike has been the lead trial lawyer in jury trials taken to verdict in wrongful death cases, personal injury cases, product liability cases, employment cases, premises liability cases, and medical malpractice cases. Mike teaches trial practice to law students at a local law school. He has been recognized as one of the top plaintiff-side attorneys in Northern California.
- University of Denver College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- University of Arizona (B.A., 1996)
- California (2001)
- U.S. Federal Court Northern District of California (2001)
- U.S. Federal Court Eastern District of California (2007)
- U.S. Federal Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2001)
Honors & Awards
- Forty Under 40 Recipient: Selected by North Bay Business Journal as one of the forty exceptional business leaders under forty years of age in Sonoma, Marin, and Napa Counties.
- Northern California Super Lawyer - Since 2011
- Law Professor Empire College Trial Practice
- Consumer Attorneys of Sonoma County (President 2009, 2010)
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter)
- Sonoma County Bar Association (Member - Real Property Section)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Member - Birth Trauma Section)
- State Bar of California (Member - Litigation Section)
Awards & Recognitions
- Recipient of the 2021 Sonoma Magazine Lawyers of Distinction Award