Scott is a trial lawyer who handles cases across the State of California. Scott has tried cases to juries and judges in Sonoma County, Napa County, Lake County, and San Francisco County. Scott has handled cases as far north as Humboldt County and as far south as Orange County. Scott has also handled numerous arbitrations, of various types, through final award (like a trial, but without a jury).
Scott only represents plaintiffs in his practice (i.e. the injured people). Scott handles cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, automobile defect, product liability, auto crash, truck crash, pedestrian crash, bicycle crash, premises liability, medical malpractice, civil rights, and elder abuse/nursing home cases. Scott also represents owners of homes, condominiums, and commercial properties in their construction defect cases.
In Scott’s more than 9 years of practice, he has worked on cases at the firm with total recovery for his clients in excess of 85 million dollars.
Scott cares deeply about his clients and the causes of safety and consumer rights in general. Scott believes that without our judicial system all of our daily lives would be more dangerous and that consumer safety lawsuits have led to significant advances in road safety, product safety, vehicle safety, and safety in all aspects of our daily lives. Scott also believes that insurance companies, corporations, and the lawyers representing them have far too much power and that this imbalance of power can only be corrected through our judicial system and by people who are willing to stand up and fight for what is fair, safe, and just.
Scott attended college at the University of Colorado, Boulder, where he was on the Dean’s List and, ultimately, graduated With Distinction (cumulative GPA of 3.75 or greater in all coursework). Scott attended law school at the University of California, Hastings College of Law, where he graduated Cum Laude (ranked in the top 25% of the graduating class).
Scott is a member of the Active 20-30 Club (a charity that raises money for underprivileged youth). Scott previously served as the club vice president. Scott has also volunteered tutoring for people preparing to take the U.S. Citizenship examination. Scott is the chairperson of the Active 20-30 Club Kids Christmas event each year where the club, free of charge, takes 150 underprivileged youth (and their parents) to see Santa Claus and to get a Christmas dinner.
Scott speaks English and Spanish.
- The University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2011, cum laude)
- The University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A., 2008, with distinction)
- State Bar of California
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- Active 20-30 Club, Santa Rosa Chapter #50
- YPN, Young Professionals Network
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter)
- California (2011)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (2012)
Honors & Awards
- Rated as a Rising Star, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Superlawyers
News and Publications
- UC Hastings, Dean’s Scholarship
- UC Hastings, Graduated Cum Laude
- The University of Colorado, Dean’s List
- The University of Colorado, Graduated with Distinction
- UC Hastings, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence
- UC Hastings, CALI Award
- UC Hastings Civil Litigation Concentration