Bart and Abbey, Weitzenberg, Warren & Emery have won more large recoveries for their clients than any other attorney in the history of Sonoma County. Bart was voted by his peers as a Super Lawyer of Northern California. He has also been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America. He has received the highest possible rating by the only national peer review rating service. He has also received the Sonoma County Bar Association’s highest award for professional and community achievement. He has also received the Sonoma County Bar Association’s Award for Careers of Distinction.
Bart specializes in construction defect cases and personal injury/wrongful death cases. Bart has devoted more than 35 years to representing individuals in their claims against insurance companies and large corporations.
Bart has been the president of and/or an active member of many local and state consumer legal rights organizations. He has been selected as a member of many of the most prestigious law associations in the country, including the American Board of Trial Advocates and the American Inns of Court. He has taught the law for most of the leading mandatory continuing legal education organizations such as CEB and the Rutter Group as well as bar associations and trial lawyer associations such as the Consumer Attorneys of California. He has been an instructor of law at the Stanford University Trial Advocacy Program and a professor of law at the Redwood Empire School of Law.
Bart has won some of the most remarkable personal injury/wrongful death verdicts and settlements in the history of Sonoma County. Bart has represented the owners of virtually every conceivable type of building with regard to virtually every conceivable type of construction defect. Bart has a strong background in Common Interest Development Law and has represented homeowners associations with regard to a variety of issues including construction defect claims. Bart has also represented the Santa Rosa Junior College and various school districts with regard to their construction defect claims.
Bart has presided over jury and court trials as a Judge Pro-Tem of the Sonoma County Superior Court and has acted as an agreed arbitrator and mediator in a variety of cases.
- The University of California, Los Angeles (J.D., 1971)
- The University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 1969); Member: UCSB Athletic Hall of Fame
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter, President, 2001)
- Northern California Super Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America
- Redwood Empire Trial Lawyers Association (President, 1978-1979)
- Sonoma County Trial Lawyers Association (President, 1993)
- Consumer Attorneys of Sonoma County (President, 1997)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Professor of Law - Trial Practice, Empire College of Law
- Instructor - Trial Advocacy, Stanford Law School
- Executive Council of Homeowners (ECHO)
- California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- The State Bar of California
- The Sonoma County Bar Association
- California (1972)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1974)
- United States District Court, Southern District of California (1974)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1974)