Brendan Kunkle is an attorney who has practiced at Abbey Weitzenberg since 2000. He previously practiced in San Francisco since having been admitted to the bar in 1994. He is currently the Managing Partner at Abbey Weitzenberg. For the past 22 years, he has dedicated his practice solely to the representation of plaintiffs.
He has been named a SuperLawyer by that publication every year since 2015 and was recently awarded as a Top Attorney in Northern California as published in San Francisco Magazine. He has successfully tried and resolved cases involving significant personal injury and wrongful death resulting from general negligence, automobile accidents, defective products, premises liability, elder abuse, fine claims, and medical negligence, as well as employment disputes, bad faith insurance disputes, construction defect disputes, business tort litigation, civil rights, and public entity liability litigation.
He has been a speaker to the Sonoma County Bar Association on the topic of mediation, as well as utilizing technology in litigation and at trial. He has served as a Settlement Conference panelist for the past 15 years for the Sonoma County Superior Court. Since 2015, he has been a Professor of Trial Practice at a local law school.
He is active in the community at large, currently serving as the Chair of the Redwood Empire Food Bank Board of Directors. He has also served in the past as Chair of the Board of Directors of the United Way of the Wine Country, Chair of the Board of Directors for Schools Plus, Executive Partner for Celebrate Community, President of the Consumer Attorneys of Sonoma County, and is a longtime member of the Richard M. Sangster American Inns of Court and the Consumer Attorneys of California, and a past member of the Press Democrat Leadership Forum.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco (J.D., 1994)
- Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo (B.A., 1991)
- Super Lawyers 2015 - 2022
- 2015 Avvo Excellent Attorney
- San Francisco Magazine’s Top Attorneys in Northern California (2015)
- Schools Plus, Board President (2014)
- Redwood Empire Food Bank, Current Board Member
- United Way of the Wine Country Board of Directors, 2004-2011 (Board Chair 2010)
- Celebrate Community, Executive Partner
- The Press Democrat Leadership Forum
- Consumer Attorneys of Sonoma County, Past President
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter) Past Executive Committee Member
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- California (1994)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1994)
- United States District Court, District of Arizona (1998)
Awards & Recognitions
- Recipient of the 2021 & 2022 Sonoma Magazine Lawyers of Distinction Award
News and Publications