John “Jack” Sanford has been a litigation attorney with Abbey, Weitzenberg, Warren & Emery since 2014. Jack’s practice focuses on plaintiffs’ litigation, primarily personal injury lawsuits.
Jack has solely represented people injured by the fault of others throughout his legal career. Jack has experience handling cases involving injuries caused by negligence, dangerous conditions on a property, defective products, medical malpractice, sexual abuse, excessive use of force, and automobile accidents. He has also represented employees in wrongful termination, discrimination, and unpaid overtime cases.
Jack has consistently obtained successful outcomes for his clients and is experienced in all phases of litigation. Jack has been the lead attorney on numerous cases from the initial filing of the lawsuit through settlement, mediation, and a jury trial. Jack has litigated cases in both federal and state courts.
Jack attended college at the University of Colorado and law school at the University of San Francisco. At law school, Jack participated in USF’s Intensive Advocacy Program and was a board member of the school’s San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association chapter.
Jack currently serves on the Board of Directors for Legal Aid of Sonoma County. Jack is a member of Sonoma County Bar Association’s Law Week Committee and annually volunteers to teach local high school students about the law. Jack has presented legal education seminars to attorneys and paralegals for the Sonoma County Bar Association.
When he is not working, Jack enjoys mountain biking, surfing, and spending time with his wife and two young sons.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2014
- The University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 2008
- State Bar of California (Member Litigation Section)
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Marin County Bar Association
- Legal Aid of Sonoma County, Board Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Inns of Court (Richard M. Sangster Chapter)
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Law Week Committee Member
- Rotary Club
- Leadership Santa Rosa, Class 39
- California (2014)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (2015)
Presentations & Articles
- Rules of Civil Procedure: Subpoenas, 2019 Seminar, Sonoma County Bar Association
- Hot Topics in Civil Discovery, 2021 Seminar, Sonoma County Bar Association